---->For sale in our Friendly Female Fiber Group.
Java is our alpha female and has been a part of our foundation herd since the day we bought her. She will come running when you call her name & she loves to eat carrots & apples!
10/8/10 Update: @ 12 yrs old Java produced her 10th cria-a charcoal gray daughter of Champ 1/2 Accoyo SilverSun whose IgG was >2000! (pics coming soon!)
Java is one of those foundation dams worth their weight in gold - great crias that sell like hotcakes (even when you would prefer to keep every one!) Java produces crias that are exceptionally healthy with soft handling fleeces that have density, staple length & good crimp. Java also passes on her friendly personality and great conformation. Java has produced 3 maroons, 4 grays, a black, and a fawn gray. For 6 consecutive crias, Java alternated girl, boy, girl, etc. Cria number 7 broke the trend with a gorgeous maroon half accoyo boy with bay black markings.
In 2008, Java was due with cria in late November and when she appeared to be laboring with difficulty, I scrubbed & gloved up. My worst nightmare...full breech baby with mom in serious labor. While our vet was able to remove the cria & despite efforts to revive him, he did not make it. Considering the lateness of the year, I chose to wait until Spring to try rebreeding Java. The vet exam of the cervix discovered some scar tissue so we weren't sure if she would be able to hold another pregnancy. After 8 healthy consecutive crias & our breech baby, if that had been it for her Java would have well-earned her retirement. That Spring when Java lost 2 pregnancies beyond day 35, I wondered again if that was it. Fall arrived & Java persistently indicated she was ready to breed so we gave her one more opportunity & she conceived on that single breeding. Their healing power is astonishing.
1. Jamocha Jive: 4th Alpacarama 2001-Halter, 3rd AOBA 2002-Halter. Jamocha's 1st cria, Linnea just won RESERVE CHAMPION Gray Huacaya Female at the 2005 North American Alpaca Show!
2. WGA Ragin' Cajun: 4th Mapaca 2002 Halter, 4th AOBA 2002 Halter, 4th Mapaca 2003 Halter, 4th AOBA 2003 Halter, 2nd place Fleece 2003 Oregon Flock & Fiber Festival.
3. WGA Zydeco's Mardi Gras: 1st Composite Mapaca 2003, 2nd Composite AOBA 2003.
4. WGA Apache: 2nd place AOBA 2006 Spin-off (true black class of 8 entries).
5. WGA Honey Rose: 5th Halter Mapaca 2005, 3rd BNA 2005 Shorn, 1st Fleece ABC Show 2006.
6. WGA Chocolate Moose: 4th Halter ABC Show 2006, 1st Shorn BNAS 2006, 2nd Obstacle BNAS 2006, 1st Full Fleece Halter SEPA 2006.
7. WGA Royal Black Fury: 3rd place Shorn - BNAS 2007, 2nd place Shorn - PAOBA 2007 - Kevin O'Leary, 5th place Halter - ABC Show 2007 - Suzanne Tuccillo