Purchase Financing, Terms and Conditions
Avalon Farm Alpacas
Donna Pearre & Carole Van House
118 McLaughlin Road, Skandia, MI 49885
Avalon Farm Alpacas makes every effort to work with our customers to meet their individual needs, including providing financing to qualified buyers. Although specific terms may be tailered to a particular sale, general terms include financing at 1% over prime for a period of up to 4 years with a 25% down payment.
BOARDING AND TRANSPORTATION:
* 60 days free board is included in each sale
* Additional boarding of our customers' alpacas for a specified period of time following a sale may be provided by arrangement.
* Transportation within a 300 mile radius is automatically included in the sale of all breeding quality alpacas sold by Avalon Farm.
GUARANTEES AND WARRANTIES:
* all Avalon Farm alpacas have been DNA typed and are registered, or are eligible for registration, in the Alpaca Registry, Inc. (ARI);
* all breeding stock alpacas are sold with full reproductive guarantees;
* all breedings to Avalon Farm Alpacas herdsires come with a 30 day live cria guarantee...one of the best in the business!
Contact Avalon Farm for additonal information on the "Avalon Advantage".
OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
LEASE PROGRAM (See Services Offered)
We have recently initiated a program to lease selected proven females, thereby allowing prospective buyers to invest time, but less capital, to get a cria from the Avalon Farm dam and sire of their own selection. Below are some of the components of this program:
* only selected, proven females solely owned by Avalon Farm are offered for lease;
* if the leased female is not yet bred, the lessee may choose any solely owned Avalon Farm herdsire for her breeding;
* females may be leased at any point in their pregnancy up to 30 days prior to the due date, at which time they are removed from the Lease Program until after the cria is born;
* Avalon Farm retains ownership of the female and will provide all board, routine care, and veterinary services (if required) for the female;
* Avalon Farm will provide all services needed to birth the cria;
* once born, title to the cria transfers to the lessee, and all expenses associated with the care of the cria become the responsibility of lessee;
* lessee will be required to sign a boarding contract;
* lessee will be required to insure the cria while it is resident at Avalon Farm;
* board begins the day the cria is born and is set at $1 per day until weaning; following weaning board is $2 per day;
* Avalon Farm's Live Birth Guarantee applies to leased females...ask for details;
* should the female fail to deliver a female cria, lessee has the first right to lease any female in the Lease Program for the subsequent year at 1/2 of her normal lease fee;
* the cria may not be permanently removed from Avalon Farm until 8 months of age, at which time the cria will be weaned if weaning has not occurred naturally prior to this time;
* continuation of board at Avalon Farm is negotiable;
* Avalon Farm offers no guarantee that specific females will be available for lease.