Home | Member Login | About AN | Join AlpacaNation
llamas for sale
  ALPACAS FOR SALE   |   HERDSIRES   |   ALPACA FARMS   |   FIBER MARKET   |   SERVICES   |   PRODUCTS   |   AN COMMUNITY
Alpaca Forum at AlpacaNation
Main Menu | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Forum Rules NEW! | Active Polls NEW!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Alpaca Discussion Forums
 8. Seminars and Shows
 Ohio alpacafest
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

box cars

534 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2011 :  12:43:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Was thinking of going to this show. Anyone that has been to this show how did you like it.
Ken

Ken & Pat Humbert
Pondview Alpaca Ranch
5088 Booth Rd.
China, Mi. 48054
N-42.73 W-82.51
report to moderator

Hagen Heights Alpacas

995 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2011 :  2:39:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hagen Heights Alpacas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I apprentice judged under Jude Anderson in Suris at this show. Ohiofest is a major top level show with awesome competition.

Todd Gruenhagen and Theresa Reyes-Stassel
Hagen Heights Alpaca Farm
New Windsor, NY
845-800-2616
www.alpacanation.com/hagenheights.asp

Report to Moderator Go to Top of Page

Christiane

2761 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2011 :  3:52:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love this show and go whenever I have an animal to take, and even if I don't. It is a large show and I like the new venue too. Plenty of parking and not a large fee for it either. Easy to get to since it is right off I-70, not far from Dayton or Columbus. Food at the showsite is a lot better than that stuff they sell at the Ohio State Fairgrounds. The only thing some folks object to, is that the stalls are horse stalls, so not as open as the ones they had at the Ohio State Fairgrounds. Stalls, however, are less expensive. Hotels, for those who need them, are reasonable and not too far away either. Plenty of restaurants in Springfield as well.

Christiane Rudolf
Tanglewood Farm
19741 Victory Lane
Fayetteville, Ohio 45118
(513) 875-3739

box cars

534 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2011 :  9:41:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Christiane, do they let you put straw on the stall floor?
Ken

Ken & Pat Humbert
Pondview Alpaca Ranch
5088 Booth Rd.
China, Mi. 48054
N-42.73 W-82.51

TheAlpacaRosa

571 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2011 :  10:04:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit TheAlpacaRosa's Homepage  Reply with Quote
They actually supply a bale or two of straw as part of the stall fee. The stall flooring is asphalt, not dirt. The show ring is dirt.

Carolyn

Don Marquette
The AlpacaRosa
Ohio
www.alpacanation.com/thealpacarosa
www.TheAlpacaRosa.com

Judith

3959 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2011 :  11:21:42 AM  Show Profile  Send Judith a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Just spoke with Kaye Sanderson of Diamond Rose Ranch, and she plans to do another AFCNA collection at the Alpacafest, so if anyone has fiber to send, this is a great place to bring it! (She says, bring it Friday or Saturday though, so she can get it back to the ranch before Sunday when her van will be full of alpacas.) It sounds like a great show; wish I could be there too.

Judith Korff
AlpacaNation Forum Co-Moderator
LadySong Farm Bolivian Suri Alpacas
Randolph, NY 14772
Cell: (716) 499-0383
www.alpacanation.com/ladysong.asp

box cars

534 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2011 :  11:56:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you all for the info. Been going to the Michigan alpacafest but not a great fan on the show so we will be going south this time to their alpacafest.
Ken

Ken & Pat Humbert
Pondview Alpaca Ranch
5088 Booth Rd.
China, Mi. 48054
N-42.73 W-82.51

Christiane

2761 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2011 :  1:17:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't live far from Kaye, so that is good to know. I am definitely going to join this year. Just got my skirting table, so will get to work and have a bunch ready to go at AlpacaFest.

Christiane Rudolf
Tanglewood Farm
19741 Victory Lane
Fayetteville, Ohio 45118
(513) 875-3739
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Alpaca Forum at AlpacaNation © 2000 - 2009 AlpacaNation LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

alpacas for sale

AlpacaNation Home | Member Login | About AN | Contact Us | Join AlpacaNation

Conditions of Use | Privacy Notice   Copyright © 2000-2014 AlpacaNation LLC  All Rights Reserved.