All Forums
 Alpaca Discussion Forums
 9. General Alpaca Discussion
 Buying group in NE Ohio for Alpaca Feed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

vintagealpacas

701 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2013 :  9:01:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit vintagealpacas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I can not mention the name of the feed, and I am NOT selling it personally. We have a group of about 10-15 farms that go together to buy alpaca feed every 4 months. Each farm pays the mill directly and no one makes one cent off the feed. Each farm pays their own freight bill too, which is calculated after we know how many bags are on the semi truck. We are getting close to another order, we are buying grain in 50 lb bags, custom blend, for under $15/bag. Been doing t his for over 8 years now. If you want to join our group, please call me or email. We have 4 pick up points in Ohio. We could use a few more farms to participate so we do not have to advertise when we try to fill a semi truck. no minimum to your order. 40 bags per pallet. no fork lift needed.

Kimberly Rassi
Vintage Alpacas
alpacanation.asp/vintage

Christiane

2802 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2013 :  09:58:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info, Kim. I have been feeding Nutrina's Naturwise, made for llamas and alpacas, for the past two yeas and am very happy with both the results and the price. 50 lb bag is 14.99 at my feed supplier's. They actually reduced the price a dollar a bag from what it was last year. In addition, if I buy it on Tuesdays, I get a ten percent senior discount, one of the few advantages of being older. There are other farms around me that also feed this and they used to feed the expensive Mazuri feed. They too are happy with the results they get. I also get my seven 50 lb bags of dog food from them the same day, so I save a ton.

Christiane Rudolf
Tanglewood Farm
19741 Victory Lane
Fayetteville, Ohio 45118
(513) 875-2533
Go to Top of Page

Christiane

2802 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2013 :  10:04:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry, I forgot. I did not mean to advertise, and will remember not to mention brands next time. I generally buy a month's supply for all of my animals, alpacas, as well as dogs, and Guineas. My feed supplier also has the most beautiful plants and flowers, I have to really restrain myself not to buy any. It is a family run business and they go out of their way to help their customers. They also carry llama/alpaca pasture seed with a lot of orchard grass in it at a reasonable price.

Christiane Rudolf
Tanglewood Farm
19741 Victory Lane
Fayetteville, Ohio 45118
(513) 875-2533
Go to Top of Page

vintagealpacas

701 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2013 :  08:51:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit vintagealpacas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Christiane! I appreciate the info. You are buying at a good price. How much Selenium is in your feed? Seems that is where the price difference comes in. Can you send me a feed tag? Our group may want to change mills, and buy your feed if the nutritional value is there. :) Send me a tag to: Kim Rassi, 371 Park Drive, Brooklyn Heights, Ohio 44131. I appreciate it! If we are all going to be raising these animals for the long haul, we have to find less expensive ways to keep them. I have cut back on alot of things, including feed, but I tryt o buy the MOST nutritious feed available.

Kimberly Rassi
Vintage Alpacas
alpacanation.asp/vintage
Go to Top of Page

akgates

23 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2013 :  09:47:43 AM  Show Profile  Send akgates a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Kim,

I emailed you a few weeks ago about getting information about your group, but I have not heard anything back from you. Can you please email me about your group? Thank you.

Andrew & Kristina Gates
Gates Alpaca Ranch
48531 Russia Rd.
Amherst, OH 44001
H:(440)986-5400
gatesalpacaranch@centurytel.net
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Alpaca Forum at AlpacaNation © 2000 - 2009 AlpacaNation LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

WELCOME TO ALPACANATION

Our family has 8,591 breeders, with more joining every day.

Join Now!