Chinook was one of the originals in Canada. She was well beyond her time in quality. Our top animals are still to this day her offspring. She was incredibly fine and dense for her era. Her dam Consuela was exceptional.
Medium Fawn, Peruvian & Chilean
Lional is a Peruvian Bueno son. His fleece is very dense and he is a very typey alpaca with awesome coverage.
Micron Count 1999: 18.4, SD 3.7, CV 20.1, over 30=1.3% 2004: 25.8, SD 4.5, CV 17.4, OVER 30=13.8%
Priscilla Alyst is the joy of our farm. This girl can produce! These are genetics that are hard to beat. Priscilla shears 10 lbs every year, she is the best mom, consistently produces our best crias and has such an easy going attitude. Priscilla was still winning in fleece shows at 5 years of age.
Her offspring have done extremely well in the showring, with Best of Shows, Supreme Championships and multiple Grand Championships. Five of 8 offspring have won Grand/Reserve Championships and the remaining 3 all ribboned well in the showring like Breeder's Choice Fleece at the AOBA National Fleece Show. Now her boys are winning Get of Sire honors and producing Supreme Champions!
Priscilla is no doubt one of the best dark female producers ever.
2012: Priscilla delivers a Sweet William girl!!! Presley will no doubt reside at KJ Alpacas forever. Even at 14, Priscilla has produced one of our best crias of 2012!
Priscilla has aged so well, she sure does not look 21! She is in great condition and has not been sick a day in her life. She is still being sheared at 21 years of age with very good regrowth and hand. This girl is still producing too much fiber each year to leave on her...no worries about her getting cold in the winter! Oh and no teeth problems to date either...no supplementing required!
Awards Received * Produce of Dam - FarmFair 2003!
* 1st place in her class at the River Que Barre show in April/99.
* 1st place in her class at the Chinook Llama & Alpaca Show in Calgary on May 9th, 1999!
* 2nd in the colored juvenile class at the CABA International Fleece Show at Alpacafest in Red Deer , July 24th, 1999. (2nd to an Australian fleece)
* 1st in fibre at Rich Valley Show in August, 1999.
* 2nd in her class at the CABA International Fleece Show at Alpacafest in Red Deer, July, 2000.
*1st in class at the CABA National Fleece Show at Alpacafest in Red Deer, July, 2001
* 3rd in class at the CABA National Fleece Show at Alpacafest in Red Deer June, 2002
*2nd in class at the CABA National Fleece Show at Alpacafest in Red Deer June, 2003