All Forums
 AlpacaNation Customer Service
 What's New on AlpacaNation?
 AN Analyitics Now Available!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Customer Service

208 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2010 :  09:56:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Customer Service's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We are very excited to announce the release of our latest upgrade: AN Analytics! AN Analytics is a great new tool that allows members to easily track statistics by partnering with Google Analytics.

What is AN Analytics? AlpacaNation is partnering with Google to allow AN members to track statistics on their listings using Google Analytics. Click here for more information about Google Analytics.

How much does it cost? No cost from AlpacaNation. No cost from Google.

What information will it give me about my AN pages? It will give you in-depth analysis about your page visitors.

How do I get started? Sign up with Google Analytics. From Google Analytics, you'll receive a code in the format UA-XXXXXXX-X. Take that code and enter in the box above. Your page hits should start showing up in Google Analytics within 24 hours.

Tutorials offered by Google: Education | Features | Google Analytics Video Tutorial | How to Use Google Analytics for Beginners

To take advantage of the AN Analytics feature, please follow these tabs from the blue menu bar within your personal account: Go to Farm Site, then Additional Farm Pages, and select Advanced Options.

Thank you again for all of your feedback and please continue to provide your comments and suggestions to Customer Service. We appreciate all of the response and encouragement with each and every upgrade. We continue to strive and listen to our members needs and implement upgrades to make AlpacaNation and LlamaNation industry leading online marketplaces! We wish you a successful rest of the year!

Sincerely,

The AlpacaNation and LlamaNation Team
(800) 893-2695
customerservice@alpacanation.com
customerservice@llamanation.com

Judith

4103 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2010 :  10:36:17 AM  Show Profile  Send Judith a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I just tried to paste the code into the window and there isn't room enough for the last digit. What do I do? (There was room before when you input a code when you were testing. The number of digits are the same. What happened?)

Judith Korff
AlpacaNation Forum Co-Moderator
LadySong Farm Bolivian Suri Alpacas
Randolph, NY 14772
Cell: (716) 499-0383
www.alpacanation.com/ladysong.asp
Go to Top of Page

allamericanalpacas

4245 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2010 :  10:51:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I sent an email about that, got a response right away, and they're working on it

Rick
--
Rick & Pati Horn
All American Alpacas
35215 Avenida Maņana
Murrieta, Ca. 92563
951-217-0306
http://aaalpacas.com/updates.html
alpacanation.com/aaalpacas.asp
Life is Good!
Go to Top of Page

allamericanalpacas

4245 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2010 :  11:18:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It works now

Rick
--
Rick & Pati Horn
All American Alpacas
35215 Avenida Maņana
Murrieta, Ca. 92563
951-217-0306
Life is Good!
Go to Top of Page

Customer Service

208 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2010 :  2:33:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Customer Service's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Rick and Judith,

Thanks for the information this morning. There are different Google Analytics accounts available and some are one digit longer; since we were testing with a general account we didn't find this before. Thank you for quickly letting us know about the digit difference! All was updated very quickly! Thanks again!

Customer Service
AlpacaNation LLC
Go to Top of Page

Dusty Creek Ranch

123 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2010 :  3:22:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dusty Creek Ranch's Homepage  Reply with Quote

This is pretty cool. I now know that people spend just over 5 seconds on my homepage. hmmmmm I wonder how I can change that.

quote:
Originally posted by Customer Service

Rick and Judith,

Thanks for the information this morning. There are different Google Analytics accounts available and some are one digit longer; since we were testing with a general account we didn't find this before. Thank you for quickly letting us know about the digit difference! All was updated very quickly! Thanks again!

Customer Service
AlpacaNation LLC

Regards,

Susan Frank
Dusty Creek Ranch
www.dustycreekranch.com
Texas, USA
Go to Top of Page

nancyspacas

425 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2010 :  3:31:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit nancyspacas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Does it just do the homepage or all of the listing pages???

Nancy

Walnut Hill Farm, LLC
Metamora, MI
(810)441-6660
walnut_hill@centurytel.net
www.alpacanation.com/walnuthill.asp
www.freewebs.com/walnuthillfarm/
Go to Top of Page

Dusty Creek Ranch

123 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2010 :  4:02:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dusty Creek Ranch's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think it's all. There is alot of info!

quote:
Originally posted by nancyspacas

Does it just do the homepage or all of the listing pages???

Nancy

Walnut Hill Farm, LLC
Metamora, MI
(810)441-6660
walnut_hill@centurytel.net
www.alpacanation.com/walnuthill.asp
www.freewebs.com/walnuthillfarm/

Regards,

Susan Frank
Dusty Creek Ranch
www.dustycreekranch.com
Texas, USA
Go to Top of Page

diana

284 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2010 :  6:05:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, I need some help here. I've copied my UA number into the box, but I'm still not getting any data. It's been 24 hours. Is that all I have to do? I got a message from Google that I need to copy a big block of tracking code into each of my AN pages. Is that true? Or does the UA number handle that?

Diana Homoly
Spittin' Image Alpacas
Windham, OH
www.alpacanation.com/spittinimage.asp
Go to Top of Page

allamericanalpacas

4245 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  12:03:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just the UA data Diana, and it can take a bit more than 24 hours.
Make sure that it includes UA-the number and the -1 (or if you're a previous user the -2, etc)

Rick
--
Rick & Pati Horn
All American Alpacas
35215 Avenida Maņana
Murrieta, Ca. 92563
951-217-0306
Life is Good!
Go to Top of Page

diana

284 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2010 :  8:51:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Rick. It's working now. Interesting stuff!

Diana Homoly
Spittin' Image Alpacas
Windham, OH
www.alpacanation.com/spittinimage.asp
Go to Top of Page

Customer Service

208 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2011 :  3:00:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Customer Service's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for all your help Rick!

Diana, thank you for pointing out the Google recommendations that are sent to people when they sign up for the Google Analytics. It sounds like we need to do a bit more clarifying on our end to ensure less confusion. We set up the coding on our end to be more user-friendly so our members would only have to enter the small amount of code into one area (and not on every listing or page). But with additional information being sent by Google I'm sure that can be very confusing!

Please let us know at Customer Service if you have any other questions along the way!

Warm regards,

Customer Service
AlpacaNation LLC
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Alpaca Forum at AlpacaNation © 2000 - 2009 AlpacaNation LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

WELCOME TO ALPACANATION

Our family has 8,926 breeders, with more joining every day.

Join Now!