Alpaca Discussion Forums
 1. Alpacas 101: Getting Started
 ARI
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Christiane

2830 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2011 :  09:39:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am having a heck of a time registering one of my crias with ARI. They really need to do something about making it easier to find basic information on their site.

Does anyone know the current price of registering a cria that is less than 6 months old? I can't get any of the forms on the ARI site to download and am going to send in a paper registration form.

Christiane Rudolf
Tanglewood Farm
19741 Victory Lane
Fayetteville, Ohio 45118
(513) 875-2533

rackapaca

663 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2011 :  10:08:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The site says it is $55 for under a year old -- and then I think it is another $20 for the BVDV as I paid $75 each just a month ago for each of my three that I did. I'd call if I were you if you can't get it to work it may be an incompatibily issue with your browser or something they can walk you through.

Good Luck!

Ruthann
Racka Paca Ranch
Kila, MT
Go to Top of Page

Doubletake Farm

258 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2011 :  2:45:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
https://www.alpacaregistry.com/resources/dyn/files/86680/_fn/Fee_Schedule.pdf

Kimberly Brummitt
Doubletake Farm
Orwell, Ohio
www.alpacanation.com/doubletakefarm
alpacas@doubletakefarm.com
Go to Top of Page

Christiane

2830 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2011 :  3:51:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Ruthann. That is what I remembered as well, but wanted to do it online and the darn thing just did not work.
Kimberly, the link you gave did not work--did not bring up anything. At least I did the the ARI home page open and got through most of the registration, but when I went to pay for it I could not get to that part. Sending is via snail mail because I want it to be done this month.

Christiane Rudolf
Tanglewood Farm
19741 Victory Lane
Fayetteville, Ohio 45118
(513) 875-2533
Go to Top of Page

morelia

32 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2011 :  6:00:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Christiane.
When I have any problem with ARI (and I have had some) I call them and ask for their help. They have done it many times, like when I could not find the BVD results in their site.
I found out that doing it in the Internet, speeds up my registrations enormously, and I do not wonder if the mail is slow or the paperwork got lost on the way.
Good luck.
Morelia

Morelia Candia
Andes Alpaca Farm
Auburn ME
Go to Top of Page

josebeth1

109 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2011 :  01:56:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Christiane: another thought.....
although I am decidedly NOT an internet expert, one thing I've learned when logging into some of my accounts to pay bills is that not all browsers work correctly with all sites. For example, I usually use Firefox, but can't pay my insurance bills online that way. If I switch over to Explorer, that site works perfectly.
Maybe worth a try?
Beth

Crias del Cielo Alpaca Farm
Hudson, OH
Go to Top of Page

jillmcm

3204 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2011 :  07:48:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit jillmcm's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ARI lists which browsers they support right on the home page - "The Alpaca Registry, Inc. website is designed for Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0 or higher; Mozilla Firefox 4.0 or higher; and Google Chrome 12 or higher. Other browsers are not supported by the ARI staff and may have limited functionality. Please visit the technical links page if you need to download the latest version of a supported web browser."

Jill McElderry-Maxwell
Bag End Suri Alpacas of Maine - ĦBESAME!
Benton, ME
(207) 453-0109
bagendsuris@roadrunner.com
http://www.bagendsuris.com
Go to Top of Page

Christiane

2830 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2011 :  2:35:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have Google Chrome as well as the updated versions of Internet Explorer and the latest Acrobat as well. Nothing worked. I will give them a call Monday.

Christiane Rudolf
Tanglewood Farm
19741 Victory Lane
Fayetteville, Ohio 45118
(513) 875-2533
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Alpaca Forum at AlpacaNation © 2000 - 2009 AlpacaNation LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

WELCOME TO ALPACANATION

Our family has 8,725 breeders, with more joining every day.

Join Now!