Alpaca Discussion Forums
 6. Farm Facilities & Equipment
 barn camera ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mara DeBoe

110 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2013 :  11:17:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any recommendations for good wireless barn/trailer cameras? Would a video baby monitor work?

Mark & Mara DeBoe
Wibotawot Farm
River Falls, WI

littlewing

151 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2013 :  1:34:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

We bought a barn cam to be used with a TV several years ago from Saddlebrook Farm and were quite happy with it. Back then this was a VCR set up so I don't have current "tech" advice for a newer set up, like a DVD player etc. We have to be very careful of the small antenna attached to the main unit, very breakable, but other than that it works great. We also have to hit the reset button on the outlet where it is plugged in, in the barn, after any electrical storms but that is just normal safety precautions on the electrical outlets themselves.

Amanda Schwab
Little Wing Farm
6327 Jefferson Mill Rd.
Scottsville, VA. 24590
#434 286 3931
littlewng@mac.com
www.alpacalove.com
Go to Top of Page

joeykatp

318 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2013 :  8:33:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit joeykatp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't know about a baby video camera but I use Logitech wireless cameras. Each camera costs about $250 and I've had few problems. They need software updates that I forget about so it's my own fault. I can look in on the animals at any time on my iPhone. It's really easy to install too. I tried another one first and could barely see anything. This picture is crystal clear in color. If u buy one, they send u email perks to buy more on line. Good luck

Kathy Paternoster
Our Father's Farm
New Hampton, NY
(845)374-7712
http://ourfathersfarm.net
Go to Top of Page

nancyspacas

425 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2013 :  7:42:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit nancyspacas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a First Alert security camera.... actually it has 4 cameras and one receiver that is attached to a small TV in my kitchen. It cost about $250.
I have a wood barn and it is less than 300 ft away from the house...so I am within specs on my unit.

I LOVE IT!!!!

Nancy

Walnut Hill Farm, LLC
Metamora, MI
(810)441-6660
walnut_hill@centurytel.net
www.alpacanation.com/walnuthill.asp
www.freewebs.com/walnuthillfarm/
Go to Top of Page

mfount

220 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2013 :  3:32:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit mfount's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I bought 2 IP cameras from a firm called FOSCAM. They can be wireless or hooked up to a router. Then the pictures are available on my computer. They cost about $100 and resolution is ok. They are worth the $$.

Mike and Jan Fountain
Fountain Mist Alpcas, LLC
Marshfield, WI 54449
info@fountainmistalpacas.com
(715)676-3903
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Alpaca Forum at AlpacaNation © 2000 - 2009 AlpacaNation LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

WELCOME TO ALPACANATION

Our family has 8,900 breeders, with more joining every day.

Join Now!