All Forums
 Alpaca Discussion Forums
 Breeder's Social (Off-topic)
 Where is everyone?!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lagrandmere

57 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2014 :  04:43:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit lagrandmere's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Where have you all gone? I check the site regularly but there seem to be very few postings nowadays...does this mean that no-one has any alpaca issues or interesting observations to share? Maybe it's cold where you are and you're all hibernating!

Here, on our little farm in France, we are still enjoying watching this years crias bouncing around, learning where they fit in the herd heirarchy...well that's when we're not busy clearing the endless leaf fall from our paddocks! I love trees but not so much at the moment!!

Today looks like being a day of wall to wall showers so the girls have chosen to stay in the hangar, whereas the boys tough it out, taking turns in their shelter because they'd rather not spend too much time in such close quarters with each other!

Hope that folks haven't abandoned Alpacanation and look forward to lots of interesting posts very soon!!

Judi Bourton
La Grand-Mere
Plenee-Jugon
France

Willow Glen Farm

179 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2014 :  07:48:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Willow Glen Farm's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I agree, Judi. It's been very quiet here lately

Mary Ianni
Willow Glen Farm
Capron, IL 61012
willowglenalpacas@yahoo.com
www.alpacanation.com/willowglen.asp
Go to Top of Page

Judith

4103 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2014 :  12:39:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Judith a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately, most of the conversation today is happening on FaceBook or maybe other social media. I've been trying for over a year to get AN to find a way to link the forum into FB but no luck. However, lots of us do watch the Forum and are willing to respond to any questions that come up.

Judith Korff
AlpacaNation Forum Co-Moderator
The Pastel Paca at LadySong Farm
Randolph, NY 14772
Cell: (716) 499-0383
www.alpacanation.com/ladysong.asp
Go to Top of Page

lagrandmere

57 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2014 :  05:27:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit lagrandmere's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately I'm not a huge Facebook fan so have managed to steer clear of it! I hope my decision doesn't mean that I'm missing out on lots of information and ideas...maybe I should rethink but I just hate how it has come to dominate the lives of a whole generation!

Judi Bourton
La Grand-Mere
Plenee-Jugon
France
Go to Top of Page

Gemfire

47 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2014 :  11:20:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Gemfire's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I jump on facebook from time to time but I get overwhelmed by the different groups and discussions and prefer checking on here for new conversations and questions. A person basically has to live on facebook to catch all that is going on and I prefer not to do that.

Denny & Connie Snell
Spring Ridge Alpacas
Lakeville, Ohio 44638
Go to Top of Page

Christiane

2830 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2014 :  4:23:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Many people nowadays are on Facebook. There are several sites there where people post., Paca This and Paca two are two of the most popular right now.

Christiane Rudolf
Tanglewood Farm
19741 Victory Lane
Fayetteville, Ohio 45118
(513) 875-2533
Go to Top of Page

lagrandmere

57 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2014 :  04:42:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit lagrandmere's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Another way I learn what other folks are doing is through the blogs I follow! I find them really interesting and full of ideas plus lots of photos of lovely alpacas! Maybe those of us who blog and aren't fans of Facebook could share our blogs? I never bore of reading about what peopple are doing with their pacas and I can catch up when it suits me! If anyone is interested, my blog plus a list of some that I follow, is at:

http//www.lagrand-mere.blogspot.fr/

Any more alpaca bloggers out there?

Judi Bourton
La Grand-Mere
France
Go to Top of Page

woodside

46 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2014 :  8:08:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Believe it or not, here's someone who is not into facebook at all! So I benefit tremendously from the discussions on this forum. Keep on posting, folks!
Carolyn Martin
Woodside Alpacas
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Alpaca Forum at AlpacaNation © 2000 - 2009 AlpacaNation LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

WELCOME TO ALPACANATION

Our family has 8,854 breeders, with more joining every day.

Join Now!