All Forums
 Alpaca Discussion Forums
 Marketing/Advertising
 AquaZyme Plus
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tortkid43

598 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2015 :  08:47:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit tortkid43's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Heat and Humidity....Cria birthing season....Changes in herd dynamics....Transport....Shows......All the more reason you should consider adding AZ Plus to your daily herd health regimen...Here are some examples of what adding this to your herds daily uptake will help do..

ELECTROLYTES -----
All the body systems are affected when Dietary Electrolyte Balance (DEB) is lost. The major effect of this is the development of a complex alienation of the body chemistry following a rise in the deep body temperature. Normal heat regulating systems are soon overcome, hyperventilation (panting) occurs in an effort to cool the body by evaporating water from the lungs. In continuing hot and humid conditions this fails, there are severe changes in the blood, acid base balance (which is essential for normal functioning) is lost and so is the productivity of enzyme systems within cells. The animal or bird stops eating and there are various behavioural responses such as wing spreading and squatting. Lost electrolyte balance results in the loss of potassium, sodium and bicarbonate in an increasing urine output.
In hotter and humid conditions this rises significantly as a result of the biochemical changes taking place in the animal when for instance, temperatures and humidity of the environment increases to 30oC and relative humidity is greater
than 50%. Control of deep body temperature is lost.

TRACE MINERALS -----

Minerals have an important function in animal nutrition. They play major role in the development and maintenance of the skeletal system and perform many other physiologic functions

Animal diets are composed of different raw materials. These raw materials contain different amounts of minerals, depending amongst others on the origin. To cover the requirement of animals, extra minerals have to be added to the diet. Minerals that are added to animal diets are: calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, sodium and chloride. These minerals can be added in different forms.

Trace elements are minerals that are needed by the body in very small amounts. As minerals they come from the soil and water and cannot be made by living organisms. Most of the trace elements in our diets come directly from plants or indirectly from animal origin. Important trace elements are copper, selenium, cobalt, manganese, iron, zinc and iodine.

Although the daily requirements for these trace elements are expressed only in microgram or milligram, they have essential tasks to ensure optimal body functions (e.g. triggering metallo-enzymes, enzyme cofactors or as components of hormones of the endocrine system).

PROBIOTICS -----

Another element that is often missing or insufficient in our diets is probiotics. I’m constantly seeing more research on the many ways that gut bacteria influences our health. In the past, people often preserved food by fermenting it, which also was a good source of probiotics for them. Now, most foods are dead, and we rarely ferment them in the traditional ways, so we don’t consume probiotic rich foods without a specific effort to do so.

We also make an effort to wash our hands and our food (a good thing with the chemicals on them these days) which also wash off the beneficial soil-borne micro-organisms that provide friendly-bacteria to the gut.

Since gut bacteria is so important, probiotics are one supplement I always make sure to offer this to all my animals here on the ranch.

Mike and Maggie Carabajal
Rancho De La Luz Alpacas
Elgin, Tx
www.alpacanation.com/ranchodelaluzalpacas.asp

tortkid43

598 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2015 :  12:00:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit tortkid43's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We DON'T lose animals here at Rancho De La Luz Alpaca......Well let me be a bit more specific....We have not lost 1 animal...due to illness since we started using AZ Plus 7+ years ago...How comforting is that....After watching several alpacas pass away due to heat stress and parasite issues in the early days we were fortunate to have been told about this wonderful product by one of the transporters who had brought us some new additions to the ranch....I read all the time about folks having issues with their farm animals...be it alpacas, goats, LGD's etc...etc...and I wonder ....Why ......Why won't they get their herds on this product and have peace of mind....How much would you pay for peace of mind for your animals...?
Now I am quite certain we will lose some due to old age or other issues in the future as we have several older alpacas now...but you wouldn't know it by their body conditions and overall health... That is just a part of owning livestock and or other farm animals...your going to lose some....I just prefer to give them the best product for overall health and maintenance you can find......Bar None....There is no better product that you can give your animals that contains the highest quality ELECTROLYTES, PROBIOTICS AND TRACE MINERALS all in 1 water soluble granular mixture ...!

Using AZ Plus is as simple as mixing it in your farm animals drinking water and as part of your everyday protocol along with other factors....(as in our case during the summertimes here fans, shelters, kiddie pools, wetting them down during the hottest part of the day... etc..etc...you can rest assured that they will have the best chance of overcoming any health issue or stressors such as birthing, transport, new feed and or hay, new arrivals onto your farms/ranches...etc..
Literally folks I read about the sadness and pain of folks who lose one of their animals and I am like..."Why".....We don't lose any of my loved ones here due to health issues or any kind of stress... But once again....like a dear friend of mine told me one time the old adage... "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make em drink..''

All I can do is tell you folks about this product and what it has done for us and many other alpaca, goat, cattle, and horse ranches thruout the U.S. The choice is up to you whether or not you want peace of mind as well..!

Rancho De La Luz Alpacas
Elgin, Tx
Go to Top of Page

tortkid43

598 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2015 :  12:11:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit tortkid43's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just a couple of endorsements from alpaca farms across the country....

Heya Selma......Funny I was just talking about you yesterday to another farm in Florida who ordered some as well...Told them you were a long time customer and if they had any questions
how you would be a good person to contact....

ALL my friends think it is stupid. That is on them. I LOVE IT and my kids love it too.

Selma (Florida)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How strange that some of your friends think it's stupid...When they haven't even tried this product... .I had some friends like that as well ....then they lost some of their alpacas in the summer and after that they started to use it....Now they are like you and me...and know how good it is and what is does....I always say when someone says they don't need it or it's stupid....."I haven't lost one of my kiddos since I started using this...how many have you lost..?" That usually stops the conversation....lol...

Mike

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" Best stuff ever...!"

Luella (Wisconson)

Rancho De La Luz Alpacas
Elgin, Tx

Edited by - tortkid43 on 06/05/2015 08:23:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

tortkid43

598 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2015 :  12:37:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit tortkid43's Homepage  Reply with Quote
All my family knows that I make fun of Houston weather ...having lived there for most of my career this West Texas boy never could get used to the combination of heat and Humidity.....Just came in from my morning chores here at the ranch in the Houston Suburb of Elgin By Gawd Texas ...Dripping wet from the 80 degree temps combined with mid-80 humidity I looked at my alpacas happily munching on their hay...looking at me with what I perceived to be a sarcastic smile at the suffering human unit .....I thought to myself it's a no brainer......Why wouldn't anyone who owns farm animals want them to have the best product to help them cope with the warm temps...wherein long term use helps to achieve and maintain prime health of all your animals.....so they too can look at you and smile while you peel off the soaking wet clothes from a good morning workout..!

A very wise man (Rick) once conveyed to me here on this forum that any combination of Heat and Humidity/Dewpoints that exceed 150 can be critical for alpacas....I have always kept that in my head and watch them closely ....But with AZ Plus I have never had any issues which to me is a godsend.....Especially now that we are told Last month was the hottest May on record ... again...!

Rancho De La Luz Alpacas
Elgin, Tx
Go to Top of Page

tortkid43

598 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2015 :  12:20:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit tortkid43's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I read all the time on threads here on FaceBook or other venues or folks ask me what is the difference in just using plain ol Gatorade for their alpacas.....Well here is the list of ingredients broken down....I always tell folks...compare the ingredients....either with Gatorade or whatever else they are using.....For instance notice with Gatorade they use "High Fructose Corn Syrup" for the sugars...Maybe ok for a quick fix for humans ...but as I ALWAYS say what kind of a I.V. drip do they put in you if you go to the hospital....It's certainly not a bag of "High Fructose Corn Syrup"....It's "Glucose".......Exactly what is in AZ Plus....! Highest quality ingredients make all the difference friends.... Trust me...In a pinch and if you don't have AZ Plus then yes by all means use whatever you can get your hands on...But as for me and my herd we only use "The Best"...!

http://www.livestrong.com/article/43161-list-ingredients-gatorade/

Rancho De La Luz Alpacas
Elgin, Tx
Go to Top of Page

tortkid43

598 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2015 :  08:30:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit tortkid43's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Fall is almost upon us folks here in Texas....Pheww what a long hot and humid summer here in Houston....I mean Elgin....Sure has felt like Houston thou most of this summer....Not so much with the heat (although as of today we are at 24 days of 100 degrees or more for the year) But the humidity has been especially high this year.......Gotta love that Gulf Sea Breeze...!

But alas...finally they are saying tomorrow......Dare I say it.....A cool front....
Don't want to scare it away over to say Louisiana....Lol...nothing against my good friends there in the great Cajun State of La. But my boys and girls are soooooo ready for some pronking weather....

Just a reminder folks....AZ Plus is just as important in the winter as summer....Stress comes in all temperatures as we know.....Right now would be a great time to start your herds on AZ Plus and build up their immune systems for what they are saying in some parts of the country will be a record setting winter...!!
Consider giving your herd the best product on the market....!

Back by popular demand....Free Shipping on 5 bags or more....Great time to stock up for winter ...!

Rancho De La Luz Alpacas
Elgin, Tx
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Alpaca Forum at AlpacaNation © 2000 - 2009 AlpacaNation LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

WELCOME TO ALPACANATION

Our family has 8,854 breeders, with more joining every day.

Join Now!