All Forums
 Alpaca Discussion Forums
 9. General Alpaca Discussion
 ~~~ The New A.N. Forum ~~~
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tortkid43

598 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2015 :  1:37:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit tortkid43's Homepage  Reply with Quote
**** WELCOME ****

Just wanted to welcome everyone to the Mike & Judith Alpaca forum here on A.N. (And occasionally Robin and Kate as guest commentators)...

Since it appears it is just me and Judith that respond here on a regular basis I wanted to welcome everyone on our behalf and hope that if you have any questions regarding alpacas that we may be able to be of assistance to you and give you the utmost in qualified and professional help possible...
Just an FYI ....Madamoiselle Judith and I have agreed subconsciously to divide the whole country between ourselves as we are both equally head strong and devoted to alpacas......If you have any questions about alpacas East of the Mississippi please note this in your question to Judith and anything West of the Mississippi I will be more than happy to assist you.....It should also be noted that we decided to leave any questions from alpaca owners in Puerto Rico and Alaska to Robin and Kate just so they don't feel left out....

Thank you all and please hold all applause until we have finished taking our bow and cashing the checks you all have sent to us on a regular basis..!

Sincerely...
Mike

Mike and Maggie Carabajal
Rancho De La Luz Alpacas
Elgin, Tx
www.alpacanation.com/ranchodelaluzalpacas.asp

ard

1844 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2015 :  2:47:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice division, Mike. But since I'M in the middle, (Kansas), and have been in every state but Alaska, Mississippi, and Louisiana, I guess I get the WHOLE country. You guys will just have to learn to share. As a former kindergarten and first grade teacher, I know this is a hard concept, but ........

Robin Alpert
Alpacas 'R Diamonds
15163 W 323rd
Paola, KS 66071
913-849-3738
www.alpacanation.com/alpacasrdiamonds.asp
Go to Top of Page

Christiane

2830 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2015 :  6:45:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good division. Robyn, I am glad to see that your are still active in this industry, and like you, I am a former teacher, but on the other spectrum, age wise, taught high school for 35 years, and they still don't know how to share. LOL BTW, I substituted after retiring, and when I was given a class of first graders one day, that taught me a real respect for all elementary teachers. I was so worn out after that day, that I gave up all substitute work, and have now concentrated just on my four legged students, who are so much less stressful to work with. All I have to do is have a bucket in my hand, and they will do whatever I want them to do, except poop just in one place, and give birth on the precise 35th day. And one of my five German Shepherds just gave me a big hug as I was typing this.

Christiane Rudolf
Tanglewood Farm
19741 Victory Lane
Fayetteville, Ohio 45118
(513) 875-2533
Go to Top of Page

Judith

4103 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2015 :  06:50:29 AM  Show Profile  Send Judith a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Nonsense, Mike! Enough of this east/west division nonsense! If we're gonna divvy the country up, it makes much more sense - from a purely environmental perspective for accurate answers - to divide along the 40thN parallel. You southern folks have very different conditions that we northern folks, so of course you're more highly qualified to respond to southern questions, and I'm obviously highly qualified to respond to the northern ones.

J

Judith Korff
LadySong Farm
Randolph, NY 14772
Cell: (716) 499-0383
www.alpacanation.com/ladysong.asp
Go to Top of Page

tortkid43

598 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2015 :  08:04:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit tortkid43's Homepage  Reply with Quote
LOL...Love it...See now thats why I like sticking close to you cause your obviously much smarter and vastly better looking than me...!

Only one dilemma thou......What to give to Robin since she has the ability to sit us in the corner with a dunce hat on..! I bruise easily so I am going to ask you to decide that one...

Rancho De La Luz Alpacas
Elgin, Tx
Go to Top of Page

Judith

4103 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2015 :  3:04:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Judith a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know about you, but maybe I'll send her flowers. Or some sweet suri yarn.

Judith Korff
LadySong Farm
Randolph, NY 14772
Cell: (716) 499-0383
www.alpacanation.com/ladysong.asp
Go to Top of Page

ard

1844 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2015 :  11:02:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well Guys,
I'm glad you are aware of my abilities. Flowers and yarn would be nice. After all, I was one of AlpacaNation's first customers......and, I have always been a primadona.

Robin Alpert
Alpacas 'R Diamonds
15163 W 323rd
Paola, KS 66071
913-849-3738
www.alpacanation.com/alpacasrdiamonds.asp
Go to Top of Page

tortkid43

598 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2015 :  08:20:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit tortkid43's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A small factoid some folks might not know who read our posts and wait with baited breath to see if a fight is gonna break out......One of the ways you can tell how long a person has been a member of A.N. is by the ticker count of how many posts they have written that is displayed beneath each name on the post...!
Even thou I have been a member since 2007 compared to you two I am just a young whipper snapper...!

Rancho De La Luz Alpacas
Elgin, Tx
Go to Top of Page

Kate

318 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2015 :  12:55:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kate's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Gee, thanks, Mike! Can I have Hawaii too? :-p
And I like the Suri yarn idea, Judith!
By the by, I now appear to live in a tropical clime... I have never had mud in July before, and the smell of verdant vegetation is quite unusual. Muggy doesn't begin to describe it. I would like to encourage the next rain band towards Mike's coast!
And my air conditioning unit es mort.....
Gues I'll just sit and admire my crias.

Be well, all!

Kate McKelvie
Alpacas of Sunset Fields
Glen Rock, PA
www.alpacanation.com/sunsetfields.asp

Go to Top of Page

renfarms

469 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2015 :  12:29:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit renfarms's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Guess I'll just go sit in a corner by myself?

Bill and Louise Goebel
Renaissance Farms
McArthur, Ohio 45651
(740) 596-1468
bill@renfarmsohio.com
www.renfarmsohio.com
Go to Top of Page

renfarms

469 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2015 :  12:46:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit renfarms's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Can't go by just the number of posts, though, as once I became a moderator, I deliberately opted not to weigh in on many discussions so I could keep an arms-length neutrality as a moderator and not be accused of taking sides in disagreements. Judith will attest to the fact that most of my posts in discussions pre-date my becoming a moderator. Back then I was VERY active in discussions. I still answer questions, when needed, here, but don't see much point in saying the same things that have already been stated by others already.

My moderating philosophy parallels my approach to controlling alpacas - less is more.

I've been on here since 2004, and a moderator since ~2007.

When someone poses a question and no other forum member offers adequate answers, I will offer up my thoughts. But I don't feel my job as a moderator is to inject my personal thoughts on every discussion thread. I save that for when I'm on Facebook.

Bill
AN Forum Moderator

Bill and Louise Goebel
Renaissance Farms
McArthur, Ohio 45651
(740) 596-1468
bill@renfarmsohio.com
www.renfarmsohio.com
Go to Top of Page

tortkid43

598 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2015 :  08:28:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit tortkid43's Homepage  Reply with Quote
And thus is the reason Bill is known in Texas as "Saint Bill" of the house of "Goebel" ...or as Louise puts it...."Lord Bill"....!

Rancho De La Luz Alpacas
Elgin, Tx
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Alpaca Forum at AlpacaNation © 2000 - 2009 AlpacaNation LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

WELCOME TO ALPACANATION

Our family has 8,897 breeders, with more joining every day.

Join Now!