All Forums
 Alpaca Discussion Forums
 9. General Alpaca Discussion
 Moderators
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Heidi Christensen

4211 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2008 :  10:09:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Heidi Christensen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Question - have the rules changed? There have been more than one heated conversations on these boards, that have been "given a breather" - even locked, than allowed to start up again. I didn't notice anything in the last thread that was offensive and worthy of locking again.

If I am wrong, please accept my apologies. I appreciate the work you all do.

Heidi Christensen
WingNut Farm
Graham, Wa
(253) 846-2168
http://alpacanation.com/wingnutfarm.asp
http://wingnut-alpacas.com

Hagen Heights Alpacas

995 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2008 :  10:16:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hagen Heights Alpacas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Heidi,
I'm with you on this one. I found the last thread to be informative and not at all offensive or inflammatory. This is an important topic for all as the industry matures and there is an overflow of non-productive animals. We need to openly discuss this to find solutions.

Todd Gruenhagen and Theresa Reyes-Stassel
Hagen Heights Alpaca Farm
New Windsor, NY
845-800-2616
www.alpacanation.com/hagenheights.asp
Go to Top of Page

willis2u

131 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2008 :  11:00:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WELCOME TO AMERIKA, CENSORSHIP, AND ALL WHO THINK THAT FREEDOM(S) ARE ONLY THE THINGS YOU HAVE BEEN GRANTED THE PERMISSION OF, BY THOSE WHO FEEL THAT THEY ARE MORE DESERVING!!! REMEMBER, YOU ARE ONLY ENTITLED TO YOUR OPINION HERE IF YOU AGREE WITH THE MODERATOR, AND THEN ONLY IF ALLOWED TO HAVE AN OPINION BY THE MODERATOR!!!!!! As Ben Franklin once said: "He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither."
Go to Top of Page

Hagen Heights Alpacas

995 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2008 :  11:12:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hagen Heights Alpacas's Homepage  Reply with Quote

There is a big difference between open discussion in a civil manner and political ranting. Just my opinion.

Theresa

quote:
Originally posted by willis2u

WELCOME TO AMERIKA, CENSORSHIP, AND ALL WHO THINK THAT FREEDOM(S) ARE ONLY THE THINGS YOU HAVE BEEN GRANTED THE PERMISSION OF, BY THOSE WHO FEEL THAT THEY ARE MORE DESERVING!!! REMEMBER, YOU ARE ONLY ENTITLED TO YOUR OPINION HERE IF YOU AGREE WITH THE MODERATOR, AND THEN ONLY IF ALLOWED TO HAVE AN OPINION BY THE MODERATOR!!!!!! As Ben Franklin once said: "He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither."

New Windsor, NY
845-800-2616
Go to Top of Page

willis2u

131 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2008 :  11:36:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hagen Heights Alpacas

There is a big difference between open discussion in a civil manner and political ranting. Just my opinion.

Theresa

quote:
Originally posted by willis2u

New Windsor, NY
845-800-2616

How is this an "Open" discussion when it keeps getting locked?
How is it just "political ranting" when everything I stated holds true to this topic? This topic as with the others will either be locked, censored, or deleted. Proving that what I have stated is TRUE! Remember also what I stated about "opinions".
Go to Top of Page

mythic

888 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2008 :  12:39:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit mythic's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Keep in mind that while this is a "public" forum, it is offered by a private entity subject to their rules, implemented by moderators of their choosing. You may not agree with their rules of decorum, but they're not subject to your First Amendment protections, just as IHOP, Best Buy, and Six Flags aren't either.

Ryan

Ryan & Joanna Maas
Mythic Alpacas
Goode, VA
Go to Top of Page

KFF Suri Alpacas

54 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2008 :  1:14:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit KFF Suri Alpacas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is an open forum but there are rules that we all have agreed to abide by when we sign up for our accounts. In the first thread, things got heated and I locked it before it got out of hand. What made the second thread get locked was that the OP then went around that lock and started the thread again. It has nothing to do with censorship, AN being a private enterprise, or the moderators personal feelings on a topic. It is about following the rules established for the community.

As an aside, I personally feel it is a topic that our industry should discuss and address, BUT if it is to be done here at Alpaca Nation, there are rules to follow.

I will unlock the second thread but all the moderators will be monitoring it, so let's keep it civil.

Bill Koopman
KFF Suri Alpacas
Co-Moderator @ Alpaca Nation
La Porte, IN

219-326-SURI (7874)

www.kffalpacas.com
Go to Top of Page

Hagen Heights Alpacas

995 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2008 :  1:25:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hagen Heights Alpacas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you Bill,
I, for one would love to hear, as Ann posted, about those operating profitable fiber herds as an alternative, if there is such a thing.

New Windsor, NY
845-800-2616
Go to Top of Page

Heidi Christensen

4211 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2008 :  9:48:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Heidi Christensen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'll second that Theresa. I really hope there are people out there who are operating fiber herds - there has been mention of someone in Texas or Wyoming or somewhere that is taking unwanted males. Would be nice to know if they are having any luck, if making money off the fiber is their goal rather than just a sanctuary for unwanted males.

Heidi Christensen
WingNut Farm
Graham, Wa
(253) 846-2168
http://alpacanation.com/wingnutfarm.asp
http://wingnut-alpacas.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Alpaca Forum at AlpacaNation © 2000 - 2009 AlpacaNation LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

WELCOME TO ALPACANATION

Our family has 8,792 breeders, with more joining every day.

Join Now!