All Forums
 AlpacaNation Customer Service
 What's New on AlpacaNation?
 Introducing AlpacaNation Plus (Beta)!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Customer Service

208 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2009 :  12:15:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Customer Service's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We are very excited to introduce the launch of our latest upgrade - AlpacaNation+. AlpacaNation+ offers the ability to view additional detailed information about any alpaca being researched in a new menu option! Each listing will preview the new AlpacaNation+ floating menu bar on the right hand side of the screen. The following new categories are now available to learn more about every alpaca: Lineage Chart, Cria/Offspring, Show Awards (coming soon) and Listing History. AlpacaNation+ also includes ARI Certificates and Histograms that have been uploaded by the current and/or former owners of an animal that might otherwise no longer be available for viewing.

With the creation and launch of AlpacaNation+, our goal is to give our members the information they have asked for in one new, easy to use research tool. AlpacaNation+ has been made available by compiling data provided by our members over the past 10 years. The data has been linked and reintegrated to allow a more detailed review of alpacas listed on AlpacaNation.

Currently, this upgrade is in the Beta mode. This Beta mode means that we are still testing the concepts of AN+ and we are seeking feedback from our members on any issues or improvements that we need to make. We understand there may be incomplete data on some listings and there may be inaccuracies that have been previously entered by other members. For this reason, there is a link available on each page for reporting any discrepancies and/or to give us your comments regarding the upgrade. After receiving your feedback and comments, we plan to launch the final version of AlpacaNation+ in the fall. So, we would appreciate any and all comments you have regarding the upgrade.

We hope you enjoy this upgrade and we look forward to offering more upgrades in the future!

Sincerely,

The AlpacaNation Team
(800) 893-2695
customerservice@alpacanation.com

Judith

4103 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2009 :  08:21:25 AM  Show Profile  Send Judith a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
WOW, is this fantastic! I did catch a couple of errors, but your reporting system was very simple. I hope everybody else checks it out; you did a fantastic job!

Judith Korff
AlpacaNation Forum Co-Moderator
LadySong Suris
Randolph, NY 14772
Cell: (716) 499-0383
www.alpacanation.com/ladysong.asp
Go to Top of Page

Hagen Heights Alpacas

995 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2009 :  09:12:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hagen Heights Alpacas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I love the improvements. It speeds up the process of research.

Todd Gruenhagen and Theresa Reyes-Stassel
Hagen Heights Alpaca Farm
New Windsor, NY
845-800-2616
www.alpacanation.com/hagenheights.asp

http://www.alpacasocial.com/profile/TheresaReyesStassel

Go to Top of Page

Paradise

922 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2009 :  12:53:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Paradise's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Whoa, how cool is that!?!

Laura Hillman
Paradise Alpacas
Hempstead, TX
979-826-9559
www.alpacanation.com/paradisealpacasoftx.asp
Go to Top of Page

Koehlers

782 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2009 :  5:35:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Koehlers's Homepage  Send Koehlers a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I too love it!
I assume that when you click on the cria/offspring of a herdsire it is only going to show cria/offspring that are listed here on AN not all offspring, is that correct?
Same for the lineage, only shows those that are listed her on AN?

Still very nice, great job.

Tracey Koehler
(989)751-0269
Koehlers 4 Star Alpacas
Michigan
http://koehlers4star.tripod.com/index.html
www.alpacanation.com/koehlers4staralpacas.asp
http://michianalpacas.ning.com
Go to Top of Page

diana

284 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2009 :  6:32:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tracey,

Of the animals I looked at, it didn't just show the ancestors that are listed on AN. It showed them all. Not sure how they did that unless they're linked directly to ARI. But I love it!

Correction: After looking more closely, I'm not sure how they determined the listed ancestors. Not all of the ancestors are listed, but there are ones listed that are not on AN.

Diana Homoly
Spittin' Image Alpacas
Windham, OH
www.alpacanation.com/spittinimage.asp

Edited by - diana on 08/23/2009 11:55:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

cralpacas

65 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2009 :  10:39:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit cralpacas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
WOW! Just when you think there is nothing more to add to the site, you amaze us again!

I am so glad you decided to expand and act on our feedback and/or suggestions so promplty!

Keep up the great work!

Cheryl Palmentera
C R Alpacas, Inc.
10045 Bainbridge Road
Auburn Township, OH 44023
440-543-6114 or 440-708-0689

Edited by - cralpacas on 08/19/2009 10:41:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

Customer Service

208 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2009 :  11:58:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Customer Service's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Please be sure to view the two new Active Polls regarding the new AlpacaNation Plus Beta upgrade. We really appreciate all the feedback we are receiving and look forward to seeing both polls results!

Please vote! Thanks so much!

Warm regards,

Customer Service
AlpacaNation LLC
customerservice@alpacanation.com
Go to Top of Page

elden harms

112 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2009 :  12:00:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
AN Customer service,

I'm very concerned with the errors on the lineage charts on AN+. I understand I can report the errors but I have a bit of an issue with having to monitor and correct errors on information that I had no part in providing. The creator of the inaccurate information should need to identify and make corrections. I do like the rest of AN+ but see no reason for making inaccurate lineage information available. Someone looking at the I state as the country of origins percentages, then they look at the AN+ lineage and it doesn't agree. What's the person looking at this discrepancy to think? ARI certs, which are accurate, can be uploaded for viewing - thus no need for this lineage feature. Is it possible to opt out of the lineage feature?

Elden Harms
Token Creek Alpacas LLC
Sun Prairie WI
Go to Top of Page

breezyridge

151 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2009 :  12:25:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit breezyridge's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have to agree with Elden, I find there are many missing offspring and lineage charts. I think it was a good idea at first, but if it is not 100% correct then it will only hurt rather than help.
I have found that only SOME offspring that are listed on AN are in the offspring list but if they are not AN listed they are missing and some that are even listed on AN are missing also from the listing.

Connie
Breezy Ridge Alpacas LLC
Perryville, MO.
www.alpacanation.com/breezyridge.asp
Go to Top of Page

cralpacas

65 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2009 :  4:38:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit cralpacas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is there a way that the side info DOES NOT print out when we print the page? It is great to view it and linking it but we do not need to have it print when we are trying to promote that one animal's info for an interested party as a quote.

Thanks,
Cheryl

Cheryl Palmentera
C R Alpacas, Inc.
10045 Bainbridge Road
Auburn Township, OH 44023
440-543-6114 or 440-708-0689
Go to Top of Page

Customer Service

208 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2009 :  2:07:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Customer Service's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Cheryl, we have just added the option to "Opt-Out" of AN+ from your farm account blue menu bar (go to Farm Site, then Additional Farm Pages, and select Advanced Options). You can use this option to temporarily remove the floating menu from listings, print the listing, and then opt back in to AN+ to restore the floating menu.

We will be sending out a more complete update email on enhancements to AN+ in the next day or two. Just wanted to let you know there was a solution in place for your particular question.

Best Regards,

The AlpacaNation Team
Go to Top of Page

gogolfarm

38 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2009 :  11:36:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit gogolfarm's Homepage  Reply with Quote
From what I have seen it looks good. I have found one problem with a listing for our Herd sire JLFA Eldoradoe is not correct as his dam is listed the same as his sire. You can check the cert from the web page as I have included that with the listing.
A question also why is it that I have to go into the regular mode to see the AN + be displayed. Should I not be able to see it when I am logged into my account when I click on one of my animals?

Tom & Linda Gogol
Gogol Farm
Lee, Il 60530
gogolfarm@yahoo.com
www.alpacanation.com/gogolfarm.asp
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Alpaca Forum at AlpacaNation © 2000 - 2009 AlpacaNation LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

WELCOME TO ALPACANATION

Our family has 8,926 breeders, with more joining every day.

Join Now!