Alpaca Discussion Forums
 Breeder's Social (Off-topic)
 old times
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ard

1844 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2013 :  6:40:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You know, I really miss Rick Horn. He researched everything, was usually funny, and was usually nice. (Not that he was always nice, but most of the time.) The alpaca industry is young and as we loose some of our what I like to call founders, I really miss their wisdom and support. I guess I'm just showing my age tonight.

Robin Alpert
Alpacas 'R Diamonds
15163 W 323rd
Paola, KS 66071
913-849-3738
www.alpacanation.com/alpacasrdiamonds.asp, www.alpacastreet.com/alpacasrdiamonds.asp

easygo

104 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2013 :  6:45:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit easygo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah, it's amazing how often I think about someone that I only spoke a few sentences to just a couple of times. One of a kind - getting a little sad all over again.
Linda

Linda Bolewicz
EasyGo Farm
Hillsboro, Oregon
www.easygofarm.net
Go to Top of Page

Willow Glen Farm

182 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2013 :  9:10:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Willow Glen Farm's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Was just thinking of Rick this past week.
Such a wealth of information

Mary Ianni
Willow Glen Farm
Capron, IL 61012
willowglenalpacas@yahoo.com
www.alpacanation.com/willowglen.asp
Go to Top of Page

Christiane

2830 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2013 :  10:00:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There must be something in the air, because I was thinking of Rick as well. Besides so much advice, which he gave freely, it was always so much fun to read his posts. I only spoke to him once, but still think about, and use the advice he have me. I loved his blogs about all the things that happened on his and Patty's farm, and miss that as well as his humor.

Christiane Rudolf
Tanglewood Farm
19741 Victory Lane
Fayetteville, Ohio 45118
(513) 875-2533
Go to Top of Page

Paradise

922 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2013 :  10:12:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Paradise's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ditto, ditto, ditto. I was just thinking too how odd it is that the loss of someone I met only a few times can leave such a huge devastating hole. I've had a lot of crazy things happen this year like uterine prolapses (yes plural) and I always think about telling Rick. And when I've lost animals I tell them to go join Rick's herd until I get there.

I got married about the time that Rick died so my husband didn't get to meet him and I know he finds it strange that I quote Rick so much and have so many stories to tell about him.

Laura Hillman
Paradise Alpacas
Hempstead, TX
979-826-9559
www.alpacanation.com/paradisealpacasoftx.asp
Go to Top of Page

Claudia R Klaus

306 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2013 :  09:45:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Claudia R Klaus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think it is safe to say a lot of us miss Rick.

Claudia Klaus
Maricopa, AZ
www.alpacazonafarm.com
Go to Top of Page

vintagealpacas

701 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2013 :  7:24:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit vintagealpacas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, I too have very fond memories of Rick and all the wonderful conversations we had. Taken from us much too early. Where ever you are Rick... I hope you can see all the smiles that your memories bring to so many people!

Kimberly Rassi
Vintage Alpacas
alpacanation.asp/vintage
Go to Top of Page

BedfordPA

6 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2013 :  2:52:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think that as we get older, we appreciate those that have added a richness to our lives so much more. The alpaca world lost another energetic friend recently, Alan Clark.
This email was from Terri Kinka on behalf of MAPACA:

As some of you have already heard, we lost a dear friend of MAPACA. Alan Clark, past MAPACA president and owner of Finca Alta Vista passed away quietly in his sleep overnight on Friday, April 26.

Alan was a friend to many of us in the MAPACA community and a strong supporter of the alpaca industry. He had a knack for genetics the way others have an ear for music. Alan was positive and upbeat about the animals, and would discuss them at length with anyone.

He joined us at Jubilee on Thursday, volunteering with check in despite not feeling well. On Friday he was with us again but was still not feeling like himself. Alan spent the day helping out and chatting with many long time friends. He was truly in his element, among friends, in the midst of show activity and admiring the animals. Many of the aspects that make the Jubilee unique can be credited directly to Alan's vision. The huge spinning banner above the stage, the °Mudo Fibra! name, the Crimp & Curl Cafť, and the MAPACA Lifetime Achievement Award are things he inspired.

Alan will be greatly missed by all that knew him! Our hearts and thoughts go out to his partner, Hernan, and his family.

A memorial fund has been set up to help with expenses for Alan and Hernanís animals and farm. If you are interested in donating to the fund, this is the link (please copy and paste into your browser) to the PayPal account:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=7Z7X4ZNM5DGKS&lc=US&item_name=C%20Alan%20Clark%20Memorial%20Fund¤cy_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted

Or, donations can be made at any Wells Fargo bank. Just let them know that you are making a contribution to the C. Alan Clark Memorial Fund. If you have difficulty with either of these, please let me know.

A benefit auction will be held at the PAOBA (PA Alpaca Owners and Breeders Association) show, on Saturday, May 11, 2013, at 6:30pm at the Toyota Arena at the York Fairgrounds.

A memorial service and celebration of Alanís life and achievements will be held on Sunday, May 26, 2013, at 3:00pm, at Blankstone Alpaca Farm in Coopersburg, PA. All are welcome to attend; however, we ask that you please RSVP by Wednesday, May 22, to Kit Hower at khower@ptd.net, if you plan on attending.

The Alpaca Angels are growing....

Valerie Csehoski & Jake Hoover
Bedford, PA 15522
bushwoodcircle@yahoo.com
814-623-9507
Go to Top of Page

julieandken

749 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2013 :  11:50:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit julieandken's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Rick called it like he saw it and left little doubt where he stood. He was generous with his time and eager to learn. He was a valuable resource when I first got started. I miss him.

Ken Rosenfeld, MD
Renaissance Ridge Alpacas
Mount Aukum, CA
www.renaissanceridgealpacas.com
916-715-5722 Julie cell
916-715-5605 Ken cell
http://www.alpacanation.com/farmsandbreeders/03_viewfarm.asp?name=12721

Edited by - julieandken on 05/08/2013 11:51:20 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Alpaca Forum at AlpacaNation © 2000 - 2009 AlpacaNation LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

WELCOME TO ALPACANATION

Our family has 8,928 breeders, with more joining every day.

Join Now!