All Forums
 Alpaca Discussion Forums
 Breeder's Social (Off-topic)
 Happy Thanksgiving
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Judith

4103 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2013 :  08:06:38 AM  Show Profile  Send Judith a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving (and Happy Hanukkah to all our Jewish readers)! Today is my annual "Get the Barns Ready for Winter" day. I always spend Thanksgiving putting down a base of wood chips, covered by several bales of straw, to prepare the barns to keep everyone warm during the winter. I haven't decided whether or not to deep bed this year (some years I do, others I don't - mainly depending on the amount of snow we get since once I can't reach the manure piles with clean-up, it's no longer possible to do daily cleaning, at least until a good thaw gives me a chance to catch up). Then I set up brood lamps to make cozy spots for the ones who are more bothered by the cold, and when I'm done, everybody will get warm water with lemon-lime gatorade, and carrots and apple chunks for Thanksgiving.

I hope everyone has a marvelous holiday and that you take some time to enjoy your alpacas and other livestock as well.

Judith Korff
AlpacaNation Forum Co-Moderator
The Pastel Paca at LadySong Farm
Randolph, NY 14772
Cell: (716) 499-0383
www.alpacanation.com/ladysong.asp

ard

1844 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2013 :  6:43:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Thankgivnakkah to all also. This is really a rare occurance. Let's pray it's a sign of better times.

Robin Alpert
Alpacas 'R Diamonds
15163 W 323rd
Paola, KS 66071
913-849-3738
www.alpacanation.com/alpacasrdiamonds.asp
Go to Top of Page

Christiane

2830 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2013 :  11:09:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had decided that I was not going to do deep bedding this year, that is until it suddenly got cold and snowy so early in the year this time. Guess, unless it warms up a lot in the next few days and weeks(We normally don't get temps like this and this much snow until the end of December)I will be doing it after all. At least, this time, I will have my tractor to clean out all that mess in the spring, or whenever it gets warm enough to do so.

Wishing everybody a great Thanksgiving.

Christiane Rudolf
Tanglewood Farm
19741 Victory Lane
Fayetteville, Ohio 45118
(513) 875-2533
Go to Top of Page

Judith

4103 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2013 :  07:45:58 AM  Show Profile  Send Judith a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
LOL, Christianne, I think I'll just start saving to hire somebody to do it. :-)

Judith Korff
AlpacaNation Forum Co-Moderator
The Pastel Paca at LadySong Farm
Randolph, NY 14772
Cell: (716) 499-0383
www.alpacanation.com/ladysong.asp
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Alpaca Forum at AlpacaNation © 2000 - 2009 AlpacaNation LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

WELCOME TO ALPACANATION

Our family has 8,854 breeders, with more joining every day.

Join Now!