All Forums
 Alpaca Discussion Forums
 Marketing/Advertising
 50 lb alpaca grain $12.50 plus $2 freight
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

vintagealpacas

701 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2014 :  12:45:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit vintagealpacas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok, we have had a buying group for many years... I started it way back in 2005?? We have grown to the point of ordering a semi load every 3 months from a mill in Michigan called Armada Grain. They DO NOT use the fatal ingredients of the once famous Land O Lakes episode... at least not at this mill location... and they make our grain fresh the day before it ships to us. We have 5 drop locations where you can meet the truck to unload your order. About 2 years ago it got to be too much trouble organizing the different farms and the mill, so I passed the buck on to Paul Kezdi who now organized the truck load, also recommends changes to our formula based on latest research, so now we have a summer formula and a winter formula... both different. THis next truck which is due out any day, will be $12.50 or less per 50 lb bag.. plus freight. We divide the truck costs according to how many bags ordered. So, the more bags on the truck, the less freight costs... right now we need 100 more bags to fill the truck... and reduce shipping a bit too. Paul is also looking at getting the feed made here in Ohio... to bring down freight even more. Let me know if you want to jump on board... no minimum order. Grain costs are not declining, and we have the best nutritional grain out there . Kim Vintage Alpacas 216-276-9405

Kimberly Rassi
Vintage Alpacas
alpacanation.asp/vintage

vintagealpacas

701 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2014 :  09:13:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit vintagealpacas's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank YOu to our newest members to this buying group! We were able to bring the price down once again to $13 per bag! We are now hard at work trying to reduce shipping charges (which we all share in equally on a per bag basis). We have a member who works for a shipping company. Next order should be in July. Anyone who wants to jump onboard please advise. Thanks again!

Kimberly Rassi
Vintage Alpacas
alpacanation.asp/vintage
Go to Top of Page

joeykatp

318 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2014 :  6:30:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit joeykatp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That's great! I was part of a buying group but they didn't think there was anything wrong with over 60 ppm of copper in the feed. Most of the people in the group are not in alpacas anymore. I've heard some people say alpacas are as sensitive to copper as sheep are. Does anyone know if this is true?

Kathy Paternoster
Our Father's Farm
New Hampton, NY
(845)374-7712
http://ourfathersfarm.net
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Alpaca Forum at AlpacaNation © 2000 - 2009 AlpacaNation LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

WELCOME TO ALPACANATION

Our family has 8,856 breeders, with more joining every day.

Join Now!