AlpacaNation Customer Service
 What's New on AlpacaNation?
 What's up with AN??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pawsnpaca

373 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2014 :  1:15:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I logged on to AN today (as I have during every lunch break for the last 12 years) and was surprised to see what was essentially a blank page with text links that didn't work! I have always logged on via IE (in this case, IE8), but I moved over to my Firefox 24 and that at least brought up a normal-looking website, although it was clearly a different format than have been looking at up till a few days ago!

I know the new owners are working to revamp the site, so, although so far I'm having trouble finding things and not loving the new site, I'm willing to give it a try. I'm not a fan of change and not particularly techno-savvy, so it may take me a while to decide if I like the new look or not.

That said, if significant changes have been made, it would have been nice to get a "head's up," along with some sort of resource explaining what changed and how to navigate the new site. If you are no longer supporting older browsers (even something as relatively recent as IE8), I think that's going to cause problems for a lot of your users. :-(

Also - On the site I found an link to user support, which I used to send an email with these same concerns, and it bounced back to me as a defective address.

I'm looking forward to the new changes to AN, as long as they are clear improvements, but PLEASE, tell us what you are changing (and why it's better than what we had!)!

Lisa Cadieux
Wit's End Farm Alpacas
Rochester, NH
603-335-2831

Judith

4103 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2014 :  11:21:10 AM  Show Profile  Send Judith a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yesterday they rolled out the new format for AN. It is different, but once you get used to it, it's really handy to have all the links to move around the site on top of every page so you don't have to keep bouncing from your own page back to the main page to go find another farm or service. It's working well on Chrome so maybe it's an interface problem with IE or IE8. Try Chrome if the others aren't working for you.

Judith Korff
AlpacaNation Forum Co-Moderator
The Pastel Paca at LadySong Farm
Randolph, NY 14772
Cell: (716) 499-0383
www.alpacanation.com/ladysong.asp
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Alpaca Forum at AlpacaNation © 2000 - 2009 AlpacaNation LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

WELCOME TO ALPACANATION

Our family has 8,926 breeders, with more joining every day.

Join Now!