Alpaca Discussion Forums
 Breeder's Social (Off-topic)
 How is everyones' weather?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ard

1844 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2014 :  5:57:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are supposed to get snow tomorrow. My friends in Western Washington are saying they have gotten snow. I think there was a storm back east. I'm not sure I'm ready for a cold winter. How are you all doing?

Robin Alpert
Alpacas 'R Diamonds
15163 W 323rd
Paola, KS 66071
913-849-3738
www.alpacanation.com/alpacasrdiamonds.asp

Christiane

2830 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2014 :  8:45:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our weather forecast calls for snow tomorrow evening. We had a few flurries yesterday, and it is supposed to go down to a low of 17 tonight. Fortunately, all of my animals have lots of fiber already, so I don't need to coat anyone. My dogs are all in the house except for the two Anatolians who are in the garage tonight, in the kennels where my Shepherds usually are, with a bunch of hay to keep them warm. Everyone got a good dose of raw meat with their kibble to help keep them warm. The addition to my barn, which is supposed to be for the males, has not been finished yet, so the boys are still in their leanto in the summer pasture. They don't seem to mind the cold, and have plenty of fresh hay in their bin. At least they are out of the wind and any snow that may fall. Tomorrow I plan to put tarps across the sides of the overhang, and across the front of the barn open area, leaving just enough space for them to come and go, and me to push the wheelbarrow through.

Christiane Rudolf
Tanglewood Farm
19741 Victory Lane
Fayetteville, Ohio 45118
(513) 875-2533
Go to Top of Page

lagrandmere

57 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2014 :  04:42:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit lagrandmere's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We are still enjoying late Autumn here in France and we're still clearing the leaves as they fall! Our fall has been late this year and some of the trees still have leaves that are green! It remains very mild and the grass is still growing, albeit slowly now. Apart from a few showers of rain, we're still able to do outside stuff without jakets on. We have had snow at this time of year but usually February is the worst month here and in UK.

Good luck to everyone anticipating bad weather.

Judi Bourton
La Grand-Mere
France
Go to Top of Page

Judith

4103 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2014 :  08:41:53 AM  Show Profile  Send Judith a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I went to bed with a sprinkling of snow and woke up to about 3 inches. Trees are covered and beautiful. It's one of those wet snows that comes in waves (Lake Effect snow), so the sun may be shining one moment and you may be in a whiteout the next.

Judith Korff
AlpacaNation Forum Co-Moderator
The Pastel Paca at LadySong Farm
Randolph, NY 14772
Cell: (716) 499-0383
www.alpacanation.com/ladysong.asp
Go to Top of Page

Mara DeBoe

110 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2014 :  5:44:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We came out lucky. We only have about 4 inches of snow on the ground from a few days ago, with slight flurries today. The brunt of the storm tracked north of us by about 50-100 miles, with accumulation of 2 feet. But the temp is a killer. It was 3.2 F last night at 10. It was up to 9 at 7 am today. It's been this way since Tuesday. Unfortunately we have a 2 week old cria, so all four of our moms and cria have been locked in the barn most of the week. They only get to go outside for a few hours in early afternoon, and then it's back in to the barn (and they're waiting to come in!).

Mark & Mara DeBoe
Wibotawot Farm
River Falls, WI
Go to Top of Page

nasonfamily

10 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2014 :  5:24:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
we are having one of those winters windy,cold, snow.snow. oh yea and more SNOW ! its only the middle of nov and im already sick of it !! but my herd doesn't mind it at all kinda funny watching them play in it from INSIDE the house but such is life in No, Mi

Darlene nason
Go to Top of Page

Judith

4103 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2014 :  7:31:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Judith a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'm just counting myself lucky that I'm just a tad south of the big storm hitting the Buffalo area. About 20 miles north of me, they're getting dumped on. I just have the cold and the wind, but only a touch of snow.

Judith Korff
AlpacaNation Forum Co-Moderator
The Pastel Paca at LadySong Farm
Randolph, NY 14772
Cell: (716) 499-0383
www.alpacanation.com/ladysong.asp
Go to Top of Page

tortkid43

598 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2014 :  9:11:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit tortkid43's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We are just a tad South of 64 degrees with a high of 72 tomorrow...God Bless Texas..!!

Mike

Mike and Maggie Carabajal
Rancho De La Luz Alpacas
Elgin, Tx
www.alpacanation.com/ranchodelaluzalpacas.asp
Go to Top of Page

woodside

46 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2014 :  8:11:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I envy you, Mike. Here in southeastern PA we're supposed to have 18 degrees tonight...brr!
Carolyn
Woodside Alpacas
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Alpaca Forum at AlpacaNation © 2000 - 2009 AlpacaNation LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

WELCOME TO ALPACANATION

Our family has 8,856 breeders, with more joining every day.

Join Now!