All Forums
 Alpaca Discussion Forums
 9. General Alpaca Discussion
 Responses from Moderators
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tortkid43

598 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2014 :  09:08:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit tortkid43's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As I am not being afforded the courtesy of a response in another forum I thought I would try it in this section.... As a representative of this site and in your capacity as moderators I expect and should receive an answer either in public or private to this matter....I will not let it drift off into space without the courtesy of a response..!

Know this I am not trying to be difficult or start a fight but if you can chastise me publicly and unfairly in another forum and then not answer my query as to why one moderator can do exactly the same thing without offering me an explanation as to why she is allowed and I on the other hand am being scolded publicly then I find it not only offensive but I wonder if the reason why I am not being afforded an answer is due to other issues be they personal or otherwise... Which I would find highly unprofessional.!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recently I requested an opinion from one of the moderators regarding an example of the double standard regarding an issue of which I defended myself ....

I have as of yet to receive a response from the moderator to this issue and I would like to not have it just sitting there as I was chastised in public for something that one of the other moderators has done in the past as well and yet nothing has been explained to me regarding her being allowed to do something that she scolded me for posting something that was not in violation of forum rules..

Thank you ..

Mike

I disagree with your assessment that I should have contacted anyone privately when I was not in the wrong and simply mentioning again how well a certain product is that it has done wonders thruout the animal industry...Not just alpacas......
I see a double standard with your symbiotic relationship with Judith not just as moderators when it comes to referring to particular subjects which we are passionate about and know for certain are to the benefit of the industry....For example... And this is just one of many that I could reference when it comes to the double standard you are now aligning yourself with...

Quote ----

"Another option is to join one of the cooperatives (of course, I strongly recommend AFCNA) and send them your fiber. Each co-op operates somewhat differently, so check their websites for specific information about what fiber they can use, whether or not there are upfront costs other than your initial membership, and what sorts of products they make so you know whether or not you will have products you can resell. AFCNA (the Alpaca Fiber Cooperative of North America) can be viewed at www.afcna.com, and I would be pleased to answer any questions you may have about our co-op.

Judith Korff
AlpacaNation Forum Co-Moderator
The Pastel Paca at LadySong Farm
Randolph, NY 14772
Cell: (716) 499-0383
www.alpacanation.com/ladysong.asp

Now we both know Judith is part of this organization..so I guess my question is.....Why is she allowed to promote and extoll the virtues of this and yet I am scolded publicly by her and she is free to do this without recourse.....I had no problem with her promoting this when it was originally written as I know her intentions were to help a fellow alpaca owner....Much like mine were...One small difference thou.....She mentioned it by name...Unlike my post where I did not...

So tell me Mr Goebel...what is your stance on this..?

Mike and Maggie Carabajal
Rancho De La Luz Alpacas
Elgin, Tx

Rancho De La Luz Alpacas
Elgin, Tx
www.alpacanation.com/ranchodelaluzalpacas.asp

Edited by - tortkid43 on 11/26/2014 09:13:37 AM

tortkid43

598 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2014 :  3:28:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit tortkid43's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Apology Accepted....

and I will not mention AquaZyme Plus outside the marketing forum here on A.N. or of course unless I am asked in private or on Facebook

Thank you

Mike

Rancho De La Luz Alpacas
Elgin, Tx

Rancho De La Luz Alpacas
Elgin, Tx
Go to Top of Page

Judith

4103 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2014 :  06:53:33 AM  Show Profile  Send Judith a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I’m not sure who apologized to you, Mike, or for what, but be assured that it was not me.

That said, since you have elected to call me out on my advocacy for AFCNA as being unsuitable for a moderator, I have chosen to step down as moderator of the Forum. I so strongly believe that the future of this industry depends upon the success of our industry associations, and that AFCNA is a vital component of our future, that I feel it is more important for me to be the public voice of AFCNA than to duplicate the excellent moderation skills of my good friend Bill Goebel.

I would point out to you, in case you missed it, that even in the instance that you chose to illustrate my supposed bias, I carefully noted that there were several cooperatives, and suggested that readers consult the websites for each of them to determine which would be the best fit for their operation. I have done this as a regular practice throughout my moderation of this Forum, in order to be balanced and fair. I don’t presume to speak for associations that I know little about; they have advocates who are fully capable and willing to speak for them.

So, henceforth when we meet on the Forum, Mike, we shall be “as equals.” However, if you ever find yourself in New York and wish to meet “woman to woman” to continue our prior discussion, that would be acceptable to me.

Judith Korff
LadySong Farm
Randolph, NY 14772
Cell: (716) 499-0383
www.alpacanation.com/ladysong.asp
Go to Top of Page

tortkid43

598 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2014 :  07:16:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit tortkid43's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wish you wouldn't go .......I will miss you......But Best of Luck to you......
If I ever make it up to your parts I will be sure to bring my high heels!

Mike

Rancho De La Luz Alpacas
Elgin, Tx
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Alpaca Forum at AlpacaNation © 2000 - 2009 AlpacaNation LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

WELCOME TO ALPACANATION

Our family has 8,854 breeders, with more joining every day.

Join Now!