Alpaca Discussion Forums
 Breeder's Social (Off-topic)
 anything interesting going on?/
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ard

1844 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2014 :  10:25:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know everyone is busy this time of year, but there must be SOMETHING interesting going on out there.
We went to a Christmas party last night in a hundred year old local tavern. No ramp, big uneven steps, two levels inside, (probably an add on). No yellow stripe as a caution for the difference in floor levels. The ceiling was plain old corrugated tin.
Good people, good party. Agro-tourism people from our county. We work together and support each other. A very good thing for alpaca people to look into as an outlet for fiber products.

Robin Alpert
Alpacas 'R Diamonds
15163 W 323rd
Paola, KS 66071
913-849-3738
www.alpacanation.com/alpacasrdiamonds.asp

Judith

4103 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2014 :  8:06:13 PM  Show Profile  Send Judith a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
All the year-end stuff going on for me at AFCNA, and trying to keep up with farm work and handle a growing number of closings (mortgage applications are up again, so I expect I'll be reasonably busy for a few months). Of course everything on the farm is fairly slow, with the weather so bad. I need to finish packing up all my fiber to go to the Co-op and get that shipment out next week, so that's my big project for the weekend. And I just added a few new girls to my herd, and plan to go back after Christmas and buy the male who put that incredible luster on them. No money left for partying though.

Have a Merry Christmas or Happy Hanukkah, whichever you celebrate, and have a lovely winter season.

J

Judith Korff
LadySong Farm
Randolph, NY 14772
Cell: (716) 499-0383
www.alpacanation.com/ladysong.asp
Go to Top of Page

Christiane

2830 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2014 :  3:47:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did not get my fiber packed to send off as I had planned. I will mail it off next week, but it won't get to AFCNA by the 15th, since that is Monday.

Christiane Rudolf
Tanglewood Farm
19741 Victory Lane
Fayetteville, Ohio 45118
(513) 875-2533
Go to Top of Page

Judith

4103 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2014 :  07:41:53 AM  Show Profile  Send Judith a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
No problem Christianne - I'm still packing mine as well. Then I have to put everything in the car and run over to a neighbor's who has a big scale so I can weigh the boxes and pallet. I usually borrow Dar Lander's scale and bring it here for a couple of weeks, but I can't lift it this year because of my arm, so I'll have to do all the weighing there. Fortunately, the deadline isn't until next Friday!

Judith Korff
LadySong Farm
Randolph, NY 14772
Cell: (716) 499-0383
www.alpacanation.com/ladysong.asp
Go to Top of Page

mfount

220 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2014 :  8:32:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit mfount's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's been a whirlwind of craft shows starting in October with almost every Saturday and truly every Saturday since the end of October at one craft show or another. Some shows the people and vendors are plentiful, but they are not spending, Two of the shows we had customers waiting in line. It's one way to make the alpaca fleece pay for their hay. Our last event is this weekend, Friday 9 AM to 8 PM, Saturday, all day and Sunday 11 AM to 5 PM. We will definitely enjoy not having to get up earlier than I do for work on a Saturday & not have to go anywhere! Mike's birthday is today, so I'd better check the red potatoes. May everyone have a wonderful holiday season in which every way you celebrate and may the New Year, 2015, be an alpaca mania year!

Jan

Mike and Jan Fountain
Fountain Mist Alpcas, LLC
Marshfield, WI 54449
info@fountainmistalpacas.com
(715)676-3903
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Alpaca Forum at AlpacaNation © 2000 - 2009 AlpacaNation LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

WELCOME TO ALPACANATION

Our family has 8,928 breeders, with more joining every day.

Join Now!