AlpacaNation Customer Service
 How do I....?
 "signing in" to send an email to a member
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pawsnpaca

373 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2009 :  1:03:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just tried to send an email to someone who had posted a question on the forum and I wanted to reply privately. When I clicked on "send us an email" I got a page requesting my user name and pass word. I typed in the same user name and password I use to post to the forum, but got a message that I was not recognized. I went back and logged successfully into the forum, and then went back and tried again at the person's AN site, with the same result (user name and password not recognized). Do I have to be a "member" (e.g., have a farm listing) in order to email other members?? (I belong to the forum but not to AN)

Lisa Cadieux
Wit's End Farm Alpacas
Rochester, NH
603-335-2831

Judith

4103 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2009 :  1:47:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Judith a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I don't believe so, Lisa. It would be pretty pointless to have a website where a shopper couldn't contact you. I'd contact customer service and ask if they're having a glitch with this function.

Judith Korff
AlpacaNation Forum Co-Moderator
LadySong Suris
Randolph, NY 14772
Cell: (716) 499-0383
www.alpacanation.com/ladysong.asp
Go to Top of Page

pawsnpaca

373 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2010 :  12:46:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I let this drop after my first posting on this topic, mostly because I assumed that Customer Service would pursue it. However, I just tried again with the exact same results. I'm happy to pursue this with customer service directly, but I can't find where to do that, other than here. Can someone help me here?

Lisa Cadieux
Wit's End Farm Alpacas
Rochester, NH
603-335-2831
Go to Top of Page

Judith

4103 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2010 :  5:58:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Judith a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
You can just e-mail "customerservice@alpacanation.com" and should get a response fairly quickly. Or if you go to the top of the page, I think there's a link you can click on to take you to a form for customer service.

Judith Korff
AlpacaNation Forum Co-Moderator
LadySong Farm Bolivian Suri Alpacas
Randolph, NY 14772
Cell: (716) 499-0383
www.alpacanation.com/ladysong.asp
Go to Top of Page

Paradise

922 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2010 :  7:19:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Paradise's Homepage  Reply with Quote
To e-mail from the forum, you just need the forum sign in, but to e-mail from someone's farm page, you need to have an account, or sign up for a free account that allows you to e-mail farms. This helps keep out the spammers (not 100%, but it helps.).

Laura Hillman
Paradise Alpacas
Hempstead, TX
979-826-9559
www.alpacanation.com/paradisealpacasoftx.asp
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Alpaca Forum at AlpacaNation © 2000 - 2009 AlpacaNation LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

WELCOME TO ALPACANATION

Our family has 8,851 breeders, with more joining every day.

Join Now!